During my recent trip to Washington D.C. and New York, I picked up a new a daily watch from the Bucherer Bryant Park store. My new watch is the Hamilton Khaki Aviation Day Date Auto (reference number H64615135) which I had been interested in since I saw it in a small film directed by Christopher Nolan titled Interstellar. The watch is worn by Matthew McConaughey’s character Cooper.
The things I like about the watch:
- The unique way the hour and minute hands are skeletonized.
- The texture on the Arabic numerals and the way they catch the light (and sometimes just disappear).
- The case size of 42mm is perfect.
- The top-bottom layout for the day and date looks very cool.
- Inside is a Hamilton H-40 movement which is a heavily modified ETA 2834-2 that is slowed from 28,800 bpm to 21,600 bpm. This helps to achieve an 80-hour power reserve.
Question for everyone: Do you still wear a wrist watch?