I love using my immersion circulator because it makes cooking meat so easy. But, for the last year, the only thing I cooked with it were steaks – beautifully cooked, yummy steaks. I wanted to try something different and ventured into the land of (air chilled) chickens.
Tonight, the family had Chipotle Burrito Bowls. This is my mash up of a few recipes I found on the internet.
- 3 lbs - Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 7 oz - Chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp - Cumin
- 1 tbsp - Honey
- 3 oz - Tomato paste
- Salt and pepper
- Start the immersion circulator and heat up water bath
- In a bowl add and mix well: Chipotles, salt, pepper, cumin, honey and tomato paste
- Cut chicken into strips or cubes
- Add chicken to marinade and coat chicken
- Add half the chicken and marinade to one bag, the other half to a second bag
- Seal bags
- Sous vide for 3-4 hours at 155F
- Remove chicken from bags and discard marinade
- Serve over rice, topped with shredded lettuce and a dollop salsa
The burrito bowls were quite tasty (especially for a first try), not too spicy, but enough to tingle. Super simple to make also.
Continue the conversation on Discord, Twitter or LinkedIn.